A thick and hearty stew full of fall flavors.
This recipe is filling and satisfying, and is especially perfect for all of you pumpkin lovers! It is best eaten on top of leafy greens such as spinach. Enjoy!!
Recipe photo by: Maria Baath of All Things Green.
Pumpkin and White Bean Stew Recipe
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chili
- 0.25 tsp hot or sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cup white beans, great northern or cannellini (cooked)
- 1 cup sugar pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cup organic vegetable broth (carton OR homemade)
- 15 sprigs cilantro
- In a stockpot on medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic, and serrano chile with 1 tbsp water about 5 minutes. If necessary, add water 1 tbsp at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Stir in paprika and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin, beans, vegetable stock or water, and cilantro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until pumpkin is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove and discard cilantro. Serve while hot.