Potatoes are rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, folate, and antioxidants, and they're one of the best hunger-satisfying foods on the planet. Beans are high in protein and fiber, delicious and versatile, and a type of starch called resistant starch that is extremely beneficial to your gut microbiome.
Combine them both together for a meal that nourishes the soul and warms the heart.
Recipe and photo by Tara Kemp (@tarakemp_).
Nourishing Potatoes and Beans
- 1/2 cup navy beans
- 1 potato
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful arugula or mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Boil or pressure cook your favorite type of potato or potatoes in water. Slice cooked potatoes into cubes.
- Boil or pressure cook your favorite type of beans in water, or simply use canned beans.
- Slice your tomatoes.
- Add your lettuces to a bowl.
- Then place your tomatoes, cubed potatoes, and beans on top of the lettuces.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of tomatoes, potatoes, and beans.