If you've been craving your beloved mint chip ice-cream, we're here for you.
This recipe is reminiscent of the traditional version, just as creamy and dreamy, but with way healthier ingredients that actually support you in reversing insulin resistance. Just one of many treats that are healthy to eat!
Recipe and photos by: Erin Stanczyk at EatMoveRest.com.
Mint Chocolate Chip "Nice" Cream
- 6 ripe, spotted bananas
- 1 tsp spirulina powder
- 1-2 tbsp fresh mint leaves (or 1 drop peppermint extract)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1 scoop Amla Green
- Peel bananas and slice into a few chunks. Freeze on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper overnight (if doing this step ahead of time, once frozen, transfer to a tupperware container for long-term storage).
- Place frozen bananas in food processor or high speed blender. *Important: Allow to thaw for a few minutes before blending so that appliance will not overheat or blades become dull.
- Add a scoop of Amla Green powder.
- Once blended smooth, add in spirulina powder until desired hue of green is achieved.
- Add in mint leaves or peppermint extract to taste.
- Transfer your serving to a bowl, top with cacao nibs, and enjoy!