You don't need oil in order to cook your veggies!
This method of rapidly cooking vegetables in a little bit of water helps to preserve the flavor of your veggies and maximizes the nutritional value. And the best part? Dinner is ready in less than 10 minutes.
Recipe and photo by: Jose Tejero from ReversingT2D.com (@reversingt2d).
- 1 cup corn
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 bunch of fresh asparagus spears
- 1 large tomato
- 4 cremini or button mushrooms
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 lime (optional)
- 1 pinch cilantro (optional)
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Spiralize or slice the zucchini, and slice the mushrooms and tomato.
- Place one handful of spinach on a plate with the sliced tomato.
- Add a small amount of water to a sauté pan and sauté the zucchini, mushrooms, and asparagus on high heat for 1 - 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the zucchini, mushrooms, and asparagus from the sauté pan, and then sauté the corn.
- Finally, place all ingredients onto the plate with the spinach and tomato.
- Optional: Add a squeeze of lime juice and sriracha sauce to the veggies, and garnish with fresh cilantro.