This quinoa salad is simple yet satisfying. It's a perfect dish to make in advance and serve chilled later! You and your friends will love it.
Photo by: Nina Gelbke of Naturally Nina.
Quinoa Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 large butternut squash, diced (2-3 cups)
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1.5 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 0.5 cup raisins
- 0.5 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread squash on baking sheet.
- Bake squash for 60 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While squash is roasting, cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chickpeas, raisins, and green onion.
- When squash is finished, add squash to quinoa mix.
- Blend lime juice, balsamic vinegar, cumin, dates, and garlic.
- Pour dressing over quinoa salad.
- Serve on top of choice of greens.