Late summer is the perfect time to enjoy tree-ripened peaches, juicy heirloom tomatoes, and fresh corn-on-the-cob.
This salad brings it all together for a flavor combination that satisfies even the pickiest palate.
Recipe by: Jamie Koonce from drjamiekoonce.com.
Photo by: Jose Tejero from reversingT2D.com.
Sweet and Savory Southern Peach Salad
- 2 peaches
- 2 big, juicy tomatoes
- 1/2 small purple onion
- 1 medium corn-on-the-cob, raw
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp black pepper or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Slice the raw corn kernels off the corn-on-the-cob and place in a bowl.
- Stir 1 tbsp nutritional yeast into the corn.
- Slice the peaches, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a large plate or bowl, place the sliced peaches, tomatoes, and onion on top of the corn.
- Top with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Optional: Add other savory fruits, such as sliced cucumbers, zucchini, or bell pepper. Spice it up with black pepper or cayenne.