When adopting a plant-based diet, it sometimes feels like you're "giving up" certain foods. For example- sushi often comes up. This is a flavor combination that you can easily transform so you can enjoy a plant-based version of your favorite sushi roll.
In this week's recipe, we are deconstructing a sushi roll to take it to the next level by adding these incredible ingredients to your bowl. Using the flavors of rice wine vinegar, ginger, garlic, and shiitake mushrooms, you can enjoy the experience of a sushi roll right in your own home!
Excellent source of Vitamins A, C, K, all B vitamins, B12, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Phosphorous.
Photo by: Heather Brock from @awakeneddiabeticwarrior
Sushi Roll Car-Bowl-Hydrate
- 1 cup Purple Potatoes- cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice
- 1 cup Cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup Carrots, shredded
- 1 cup Shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Dried Nori sheets
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Wasabi paste (Optional)
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Roast potatoes at 400 for 20 minutes or boil potatoes in boiling water for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Prepare brown rice according to package instructions.
- Grate carrots.
- Dice or slice cucumbers into long ribbons.
- Chop shiitake mushrooms.
- Chop green onion.
- Break Nori paper in small pieces to add to bowl.
- Combine rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger (freshly grated or ginger powder), and wasabi paste (optional) to make a dressing for your bowl.
- Arrange rice, potatoes, vegetables, green onion and nori paper in your bowl.
- Add dressing to taste, mix, and enjoy!!!