We LOVE the flavors of the Southwest!! The tang of fresh limes, the smokiness of chipotle, the heat of chile- all of these flavors combined with an abundance of green-light foods makes for a perfect dinner for "Taco Tuesday".
Visit the flavors of the Southwest with this bright and beautiful bowl any night of the week!!
This meal is an excellent source of folate, Vitamins A, C, K, B vitamins, Copper, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorous, Folate, Potassium, and Omega 3.
Photo by: Heather Brock from @awakeneddiabeticwarrior.
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Corn
- 1/2 cup Brown rice (steamed)
- 1 cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Red Peppers (chopped)
- 2 cup Spinach
- 3 tbsp Red onion
- Lime Wedges
- Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 Avocado
For added flavor
- Southwest Spice Blend
- Chipotle Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Chile Powder
- Chop tomatoes, red peppers, red onion, and cilantro. Slice limes into wedges.
- Prepare corn by cutting from the cob or thawing.
- Prepare Black beans or drain and rinse canned beans.
- Add Spinach to the bowl.
- Arrange all other ingredients in the bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice and add additional seasonings for flavor.