This warm, savory dish packs a punch with protein and fiber to keep you feeling satisfied for hours without feeling weighed down by meat and oil.
And if you've never tried kabocha squash or smoked paprika, you're in for a real treat. You may want to make this dish all Winter long!
Recipe and photo by: Catherine Perez, MS, RD, LDN (@plantbasedrd).
Smoky Lentils with Kabocha Squash
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cup kabocha squash, steamed
- optional: roasted broccoli, snap peas, spring salad mix
- optional: salt and pepper
- Bring water and lentils together in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add in spices.
- Continue to cook until all water is absorbed by the lentils.
- Steam kabocha squash and any other veggies you wish to add to the dish.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and enjoy.