Roasted root vegetables are great to enjoy at any time of the year.
This recipe makes for a robust side dish or main course. Pair it with a salad or vegetable soup to round out the meal.
Photo by: Nina Gelbke of Naturally Nina.
Roasted Root Vegetables Recipe
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 2 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cup Sweet potato, diced
- 2 cup Butternut squash, diced
- 1 cup Beet, diced
- 5 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Green onion, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop all ingredients. Try to chop sweet potato, butternut squash, and beet into uniform cubes as much as possible.
- Combine ingredients (except green onion, if using) in mixing bowl and toss.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread vegetables evenly in a single layer onto baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for approx. 45 minutes (stirring once or twice halfway through) or until vegetables are tender and easy to pierce through with a knife or fork.
- Top with extra lemon juice and/or green onion if desired.