Looking for a warm and satisfying dinner on a cold day? Look no further!! This Curry bowl will warm you from the inside with the warm flavors of curry, cumin, and turmeric.
Enjoy this hearty bowl that is full of nutrients your body needs in the long winter months.
Excellent source of Vitamins A, C, K, B vitamins, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Phosphorous, Folate.
Photo by: Heather Brock from @awakeneddiabeticwarrior.
- 1/2 cup Lentils
- 2 tbsp Chopped Red Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped Green Beans
- 1/4 cup Roasted No-Oil Eggplant
- 1/2 cup Chopped Okra
- 2 tbsp Chick Peas
- 1 cup No-oil Potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Brown rice, cooked
- Cumin, curry, turmeric, coriander, or ginger to taste
- Prepare lentils and chick peas according to instructions. OR Use no sodium canned or prepared chick peas and lentils.
- Prepare brown rice according to package instructions.
- Roast or steam potatoes and eggplant. To roast: Slice vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Preheat oven to 425 and roast potatoes and eggplant for 15 minutes. Flip the vegetables halfway through cooking. To steam- place vegetables into a steam basket and steam for 5-7 minutes
- Slice red peppers, okra, and green beans.
- Arrange bowl with greens on the bottom, adding all of the other ingredients on top.
- Add lemon juice from fresh lemon wedges, along with the spices to taste.